The ‘Best of the West’ by train and grand cruise ship.
In 1939 Canadian Pacific put out a nifty brochure titled, appropriately ‘Glorious British Columbia’ and this heading summarizes perfectly our view of this beautiful Province. This Fall, we have a truly glorious holiday that features train travel, time in Seattle ‘The Emerald City’, two full nights in lovely Victoria, aptly described as “More British than Britain”, sightseeing including a visit to legendary Butchart Gardens with its famed floral displays and two days in Vancouver before the highlight of our holiday, a rare Pacific Coastal voyage down the West Coast to San Diego. With fine hotels, a leisurely pace and a traditional Ocean liner ambiance with Holland America Line, this holiday is always popular and always sells out.
In fact, stylish touches abound on this holiday, from our welcome dinner in Seattle, to a special cocktail party aboard the ms Noordam, and a very special evening in the elegant Pinnacle Grill during our voyage south to San Diego. Naturally, there is a professional tour manager from start to finish to handle all of the details so that you can relax and enjoy your holiday.
Our holiday begins with a scenic ride to Seattle aboard the Coast Starlight train with an two-night stay at the Roosevelt Hotel along with plenty of free time to enjoy ‘The Emerald City’. In Seattle, we have included a special welcome dinner and well as a visit to Pikes Market before we sail to Victoria for our two-night stay in this magical setting with plenty of free time along with our special visit to Butchart Gardens with traditional Afternoon Tea. In Vancouver, our guests enjoy an overnight stay at the splendid Sheraton Wall Centre along with a sightseeing tour and bon voyage luncheon on sailing. Saving the best for last, we then board Holland America’s ms Noordam at Vancouver for a rare Pacific Coastal voyage south to San Diego, a nice way to sample traditional Ocean liner travel, with a stop in picturesque Astoria, Oregon at the mouth of the Columbia River en route. Onboard there is as much, or as little to do as you like and we cannot imagine a nicer way to travel home. We have included dinner one evening in the superlative Pinnacle Grill as well as a farewell cocktail party. There is only one flaw in this entire indulgent holiday, it will fill quickly and prompt reservations are encouraged to avoid disappointment.
- Free train travel from any California or West Coast point to Seattle aboard the Coast Starlight, a scenic overnight journey.
- Two-night hotel stay in Seattle at the classic Roosevelt Hotel.
- Travel from Seattle to Victoria aboard the popular high speed ferry along the scenic Puget Sound, the best way to travel between these two cities.
- Two-night stay in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia including sightseeing with a visit to famed Butchart Gardens.
- Travel by ferry from Victoria to Vancouver with overnight stay at the Sheraton Wall Centre.
- 4-night Pacific Coastal cruise from Vancouver to San Diego aboard Holland America Line’s Dutch ocean liner ms Noordam with a day-visit to charming Astoria, Oregon en route.
- Return train travel to any California or West Coast point from San Diego.