West Coast by Train & Ship
Experience the West Coast of America, from San Francisco, California to Anchorage, Alaska. This 16-day trip offers sightseeing time in many fantastic west coast cities, and is great for those who need to cross off multiple Western states from their bucket list! From Fisherman’s Wharf to McKinley Chalet Resort on the edge of Denali National Park, this trip is 100% unique and great for sightseeing, train-lovers and cruisers.
Yosemite to Denali Features
- Take a Bay Cruise that circles the island of Alcatraz and cruises directly under the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take a complete tour of Yosemite National Park, including visiting Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls, and El Capitan.
- Take the ‘Great Western Limited’ train overnight from California to Seattle.
- Take a 4-night cruise aboard the ms Nieuw Amsterdam from Vancouver, BC thru Alaska’s Inside Passage to Skagway.
- Cruise Tracy Arm, a must for every Alaska cruise!
- A Klondike National Park Ranger will meet you in Skagway, where we’ll board the gold rush railcars into Canada’s Yukon Territory.
- Follow the trail of Klondike gold stampeders! We’ll visit Dawson City, a National Historic Site.
- Take a short flight to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Stay two nights in Denali National Park, with a visit to Mt. McKinley.
Train & Ship Tour Details
2016 Departures: June 12-27; July 10-25; August 7-22.
Itinerary: San Francisco, California to Anchorage, Alaska
Fares*: Inside Staterooms start at $4695 pp/do.
Outside Staterooms start at $4895 pp/do.
Verandah Staterooms start at $5495 pp/do.
* = Prices shown include Roomette or Standard Double Bedroom train accommodations. To upgrade to larger Superior or Deluxe Double Bedroom, fares increase $200pp. To travel in classic Pullman Sections, subtract $300pp.