Contact an agent today to enjoy on-board cruise ship cuisine! 800.578.1479 or email@example.com.
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
2 Tablespoons paprika Hungarian, ground
2 Tablespoons black pepper, ground
2 Tablespoons cumin, round
1 Tablespoon pepper, cayenne, ground
1 Tablespoon ginger, ground
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
5 pounds pork butt bnls 1/4″ 6-9# each
2 teaspoons liquid smoke
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup molasses
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon Tabasco sauce
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cup tomato paste
10 each Brioche roll, split
10 Kosher dill pickle wedges
Yields: 10/4 ounce portions
- Combine in a small bowl the spices, brown sugar and seasonings and set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Sprinkle entire surface of each piece heavily with the spice mixture.
- Place pork inside a roasting pan and cover ¾ of the meat with chicken stock, add the liquid smoke then.
- Place piece of parchment paper over pork, then cover with sheet of aluminum foil, sealing edges to prevent moisture from escaping.
- Roast pork over night for at least 8 hours.
- Remove pork from oven; remove and discard foil and parchment. Carefully pour off liquid from the bottom of the roasting pan into a fat separator and reserve for sauce. Transfer pork to serving dish, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- While the pork rests, pour 1 cup of defatted cooking liquid from fat separator into medium bowl; whisk in sauce ingredients.
- Using two forks, shred pork into bite-sized pieces. Toss with 1 cup sauce and season with salt and pepper, add more sauce as needed to coat.
- Portion 4 ounces of pork on to the bottom of a Kaiser roll
- Spoon 1 ½ ounces of sauce over the pork and close the top on the sandwich.
- Serve with the side items that are specified on weekly menu and a Kosher dill pickle wedge.