Chocolate Raspberry Terrine
This dish has been perfectly prepared and served on-board some of American Cruise Lines sailings. You can enjoy this cruise ship dessert in your own home – add your own touches.
Yield: Approximately 10 servings.
1-1/8 pounds chocolate, chopped coarsely
4 ounces heavy whipping cream
¼ pound butter, unsalted
1 ounce raspberry sauce
¼ pint fresh raspberries
¼ cup whipping cream
¼ tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
A splash of vanilla extract
- In a double-boiler heat the chocolate, butter, heavy cream and half the raspberry sauce until smooth and chocolate has melted completely.
- Line loaf pans with plastic wrap and fill each one half-way.
- Evenly distribute the fresh raspberries and then fill the loaf pans the rest of the way.
- Wrap plastic over the top and place in the freezer until one-hour before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream raspberries, raspberry sauce and mint sprig.
- Beat whipping cream with vanilla extract at medium speed with a mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chip up to two hours.