With Cuba opening its long-closed gates last year, there has never been a better time to explore the rich history of this stunning country. Now, a new small ship is taking the area by storm, carrying with it passengers with a new travel mission: to give back.
The Power of Impact Travel
While taking a cruise to get away from it all and spend time with family is a noble endeavor in and of itself, some travelers want to use the time in a far-flung place to help populations in need. These individuals vacation on ship and spend their days traveling to areas where they have previously signed up to volunteer, whether building homes for needy families or lending a hand at farms short on labor. These journeys are beneficial to the local community and rewarding for travelers, making the Adoni, Fathom’s newest ship, a sought-after vessel for social change.
Meet the Adonia
As of late spring 2016, this new ship will sail regularly to Amber Cove and Havana, Cuba, both of which offer extensive volunteer opportunities for cruisers.
On board, the ship boasts a charming atmosphere, with ballroom-dancing, afternoon tea, and lectures on intriguing topics ranging from current events to local lore to literature. Quizzes and deck parties are the norm. An adults-only vessel, the Adonia is a breath of fresh air for those looking for socially-aware, grownup fun.
If you’re wondering what sort of nooks and crannies you can explore on this ship, which is just small enough to encourage friendships between travelers, you’ll be pleased. The Adonia includes numerous deck spaces and eating areas, all tailored to your delight. These include:
- The Sky Deck – Take in the view and bask in the glory that is your cruise!
- Crystal Bar – Grab a drink, talk to your neighbor, or get cozy with a special someone. This is your time.
- Crow’s Nest – When that salty sailor in you demands attention, venture up to this sitting area, where you can see the ocean for miles.
- The Library – Cozy up, read a book, take a nap. This area is every bibliophile’s dream: quiet, comfortable, and walled in stunning wood.
- Card Room – It’s social hour! Meet up with your friends or make new ones in this area.
- Explorer’s Lounge – Need we say more? This beautiful room will make you feel like the honored adventurer you are.
- The Conservatory – Bust out the deck of cards and get ready to relish sea breezes and your favorite company, whether that’s your sweetheart, friends, or some well-deserved alone time.
- Curzon Lounge – A great place for great meetings, this lounge breathes luxury.
- Anderson’s – We love this spot! Ample windows and lush seating makes for a wonderful place to sit back and remember why you booked that ticket.
And more! Each space provides a unique opportunity to sit back, enjoy, speak with guests, and roam to your heart’s content!
If you’re seeking the opportunity to volunteer abroad, but love the idea of staying in a luxury small ship, the Adonia is your answer. Our agents are ready to help you choose an itinerary and work out all of your travel details, from flights to hotels to and from your cruise, to the cruise itself. Hop on board!