In honor of National Cruise Week, we are sharing some amazing cruise ship recipes with you. Here is a popular breakfast recipe from American Cruise Lines and Tom Leonard.
Contact an agent today to enjoy on-board cruise ship cuisine! 800.578.1479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oatmeal Waffles with Apple Butter
|Waffle Batter Ingredients:
5 ounces old fashioned rolled oats5 cups waffle mix, Heartland
3 teaspoons baking powder
6 Tablespoons milk, powdered
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ½ cups water
½ pint heavy cream, whipped
|Apple Butter Ingredients:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter3 pounds assorted apples, peeled,
3 cups apple cider
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the water and mix until incorporated
- Ladle the recommended amount of waffle batter into the hot iron.
- Close the iron top and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from the iron.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup , apple butter and freshly whipped cream.
Apple Butter Directions
- In a heavy bottom sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter and add apples.
- Cook apples until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cider, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Mash softened apples with a potato masher.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Using an immersion blender, puree mixture until smooth.
- Place back onto medium heat and simmer for 2 – 3 hours or until thickened and reduced.
- Let cool before serving.
Yields: 6 waffles
Portion: 1 waffle with 2 ounces syrup and 2 ounces whipped cream and 1 ounce apple butter
Apple butter recipe yields 1 ½ cups