Fall is an incredible time, heralding the beginning of the holiday season (Halloween starts it all off!), back-to-school, and the time when meals cooked in the crockpot or oven become staples once again. Whether you live in the Northeast or have only heard tales of the wondrous colors Fall brings to the region, you willl be spellbound by our Hudson River Fall Foliage cruise!
With the Catskill Mountains to the West and the Tactonic and Berkshire Hills to the East, you’ll fall in love for the first time, or once again, with the visual beauty and history of the area.
Stunning & Engaging Ports of Call
Each stop on this Hudson River tour features not only the ripening oranges, fiery reds, and glowing yellows of a traditional Northeast Autumn, but some of the most important historical landmarks and architecture in this fine country.
We will stop in:
- Poughkeepsie, NY: Home to both the Vanderbilt Museum and Hyde Park, where you can enjoy a special tour of Springwood, the estate where Franklin D. Roosevelt lived and kept his presidential library. Prepare to feel inspired by the rich history of this charming town.
- Troy/Albany, NY: Victorian architecture? Check. Tiffany windows stunning enough to be featured in films like Martin Scorsese’s “Age of Innocence”? Check. A gorgeous, bustling downtown full of arts and a fascinating riverfront, Troy has a little something for everyone.
- Kingston, NY: Once burned to the ground in the Battles of Saratoga, Kingston is now a fascinating town with a rich history. Learn about the city’s transportation history after a discovery of natural cement in the area. Explore three historic districts, the Stockade District, Midtown Neighborhood Broadway Corridor, and the Rondout-West Strand Historic District.
- Catskill, NY: Visit Dutchman’s Landing, Catskill’s historic boat launch, and visit a picturesque waterfall while you’re there.
- West Point, NY: Here, you can enjoy a tour of the world-renowned West Point Military Academy and soak up the stunning art and architecture of the Gothic Revival chapel.
- Sleepy Hollow, NY: You’ve heard the stories. Rich in headless horseman lore thanks to Washington Irving’s classic tale. A pastoral bucolic setting, Sleepy Hollow offers breathtaking Fall foliage, charming local arts, and tours of mansions built by historic greats, including John D. Rockefeller and Anson Phelps. Fall is the absolute best time to visit this picturesque town, when you can enjoy small-town charm and explore incredible outdoor activities in local parks, rivers, lakes, forests, and trails along the Hudson River.
- New York, NY: Our first and final port of call needs no introduction. New York City bursts at the seams with exciting landmarks, breathtaking architecture, arts districts, and incredible food. Bookend your journey up the Hudson with a rich and rewarding excursion in the city that never sleeps.
In addition to enjoying the sights and sensations of the above locations, you’ll relish your time on our small ship, the wind whipping your hair as you observe the golden foliage moving by. Our cruises feature fine dining, luxurious accommodations, and the chance to step back from your busy schedule for a while, enjoying quality time with loved ones and friends.
Interested in enjoying Northeast Fall foliage in a cruise along the Hudson River? Contact our exceptional agents, today at USA River Cruises!