Exuding classy comfort and airy charm, the Alouette functions as a floating country cottage for its four lucky guests.
A soft and soothing color scheme of sepia and butterscotch unites all of the interior areas, including the lovely light-filled salon with its signature picture windows. The spacious cabins beckon with elegant bedding, and also boast an intercom system to directly contact the crew. Handmade tiles line the bathrooms, adding a luxurious artisan touch.
Expansive and comfortable, the deck encourages hours of relaxation while enjoying a glass of wine and just watching the gorgeous southern scenery drift by; more active guests can take a bicycle out for a leisurely ride along the tree-lined canal. Foodies and gastronomes are encouraged to join the informal cooking demonstrations by the gourmet Chef in the unusually large galley.
A further highlight of the Alouette’s epicurean experiences, the candlelit dinners are a particularly special treat, with menus focusing on the region’s many seafood specialties and abundant seasonal produce. Carefully selected fine wines are paired with lunches and dinners, typically sourced from a local Languedoc vineyard.
Guided excursions reveal the Canal du Midi’s fascinating attractions, including wine tastings, and the many artifacts and antiquities from the Roman era.
- Guests: 4
- Cabins: 2
- Crew: 4
- 100 ft long with 6’ 7” – 7’4” ceiling height throughout
- Cabin 1 – 270 sq ft, 7’4” ceiling height
- Cabin 2 – 205 sq ft, 6’7” ceiling height
- Choice of one King or two twin beds
- Ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Ample storage in cabins
- Combined salon and dining area
- Demonstration kitchen
- Deck with canopy
- Outdoor dining space and seating
- Round trip train transfers to and from Paris
- A dedicated onboard crew consisting of a Captain, Chef, Tour Guide, and Hostess
- All meals onboard and ashore from dinner the first evening to breakfast the final morning
- All wines served with lunches and dinners both onboard and ashore
- Open bar with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Daily escorted excursions including admittance fees
- Unlimited use of onboard amenities such as bicycles
- International airfare
- Cancellation insurance – A Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) policy is recommended
- Suggested crew gratuity of 5-10% of the cruise price
Call and ask us for dates the Alouette is available.
Sailing weekly out of Paris on the Canal du Midi, the Alouette sails April through October.
Depart Paris sailing to Carcassonne, then enjoy a complimentary train trip back to Paris.