Un-Cruise, the adventure cruising experts, have announced NINE new Alaska itineraries for 2018. If you’re looking for the perfect vacation from our 2018 Alaska cruises, call our small ship cruising experts to fit you to the right ship, destination, and cruise length.
Also new for 2018: the ships will head to Alaska earlier than years past. You may think it’s still too cold in the Spring to cruise Alaska – and yes, you will need a coat – but Spring is when Alaska comes to life! Bears fresh from their winter naps will be foraging for food along the shoreline. Birds will wake you up each morning. The days will be dry and sunny – although the ground may still be muddy! And you’ll have the most beautiful views of mountains still blanketed with snow.
Book an April or May 2018 departure by December 15, 2017 and Save $400 per couple ($200/person) with USA River Cruises!
‘Roundtrip Juneau’ means these 7-night cruises are easier to book airfare for. But the real wonder of these cruises is the amazing time you’ll get to spend in Glacier Bay National Park!
- Glacier Bay Small Ship Cruise – Enjoy two full days exploring the Glacier Bay National Park, including visiting Margerie and Grand Pacific Glaciers with a park ranger. As we dip in and out of fjords, straits, and inlets, the ship’s captain and crew will be on the lookout to point out bears, whales, eagles, seals, sea lions and more. For a wellness-focused cruise, there are 2 Fitness & Yoga themed departures with guided strength training, nutrition workshops, walking meditation and beach and on-deck yoga!
- Glacier Bay National Park Adventure Cruise – This cruise will focus on a smaller geographic area to give you an in-depth exploration of the area. Three full days in Glacier Bay NP mean you will see parts of the park that 99% of visitors never do! And the park is almost the size of Connecticut! You’ll also visit Haines – not on every Alaska itinerary. Haines has amazing Native and gold rush history, but it’s known now for being the center of adventure.
Adventures in the Inside Passage
These 7-night cruises from Juneau head in two different directions, and yet they each have so much adventure to offer!
- Northern Passages & Glacier Bay – Cruise north from Juneau to Glacier Bay National Park before turning round Chichagof Island, thru Sergius Narrows to Sitka (or reverse)! Whether you’re looking for wildlife on land, sea or sky, the crew will gladly help you get the perfect photo of the animals you’re looking for. Plus the scenic views of glaciers, tidal pools, the Tongass National Forest, and more make for great background.
- Alaska Fjords & Glaciers – This cruise departs Juneau and heads south to Ketchikan (or reverse). You’ll slip thru inlets, canals, and narrows as you make your way to Misty Fjords National Monument. Cruise past 3000 foot cliffs while you watch for mountain goats, Sitka deer, and black bears. Kayak to get a better look at the waterfalls.
What better reason to visit Alaska than the amazing animals that call this state home? And the yachts make for a comfortable base while you’re out exploring.
- Bears, Bergs & Bushwhacking – This cruise stands out from the rest in its unique itinerary. Roundtrip from Petersburg, this 8-night vacation includes an overnight hotel in Petersburg before embarkation. This is the only itinerary that visits the Tebenkof Bay Wilderness Area and the South Baranof Wilderness Area. You’ll also watch for bears at Admiralty Island National Monument and explore the icebergs in Ideal Cove, LeConte Bay.
- Whales, Wildlife & Glaciers – From Sitka to Juneau, the captain and crew are purposeful about being where the wildlife is, as well as offering you the best chance to see whales, learn native culture, and get close to glaciers.
- Alaska’s Glaciers & Whales – From Juneau to Sitka, this 7-night cruise will go deep into Sounds, Coves, and Passages in search of that cracking sound of a glacier about to calve. You’ll even have the opportunity to walk on a glacier moraine. As the ship heads out into the narrows and straits, be on the lookout for marine life. Get a closer look on a skiff or kayak.
If this is your chance to see Alaska, don’t you want to really see it? There are three longer cruise options for you to choose from in 2018.
- Alaska’s Inside Passage & San Juans Cruise – This is the repositioning cruise that happens at the beginning and end of the Alaskan season. From Seattle, you cruise thru the San Juan Islands, up the coast of Canada, into the Inside Passage of Alaska. The itinerary operates in reverse at the end of the season.
- Ultimate Expedition: Alaska Glacier Cruise – This roundtrip Juneau cruise will thoroughly explore so many beautiful glaciers in the region, including Margerie, Grand Pacific, LeConte, Baird, Sawyer and South Sawyer!
- Ultimate Expedition: Fjords of Alaska – If you want to visit as much of Alaska’s Inside Passage as possible, this cruise from Sitka to Ketchikan (or reverse) is non-stop adventure! The Captain will take you thru many of the stunning fjords of the Inside Passage, but can anything compare to Misty Fjords National Monument, with its 3000 ft cliffs?
No matter which of these 2018 Alaska cruises you choose, let our experts at USA River Cruises help you with the details: (800) 578-1479!