Cruises on the MV Island Spirit
- Cruising Alaska aboard the Island Spirit
- Columbia River Fall Cruises aboard the Island Spirit
- San Juan Islands: Fall Cruise aboard the Island Spirit
The Island Spirit carries up to 32 passengers overnight in 17 comfortable staterooms. Each room has a private bath and shower, as well as a minimum of one large opening window for wonderful views and fresh air ventilation. There are two staircases for access between decks. The stairs are brightly lit and are easy to navigate with handrails. Although we cruise in primarily protected waterways, the Island Spirit has been upgraded to 2010 USCG vessel standards. The vessel utilizes fin stabilizers and a reshaped hull for extra stability and cruising comfort.
Our Vessel Is Blue, But Our Impact Is Green!
The Island Spirit is a three deck U.S. Coast Guard licensed and inspected passenger vessel. Originally built in 1978 as an oil field supply vessel, she is all-aluminum and heavily constructed. The vessel was completely rebuilt and re-powered in 2002 with Caterpillar marine engines. These new state-of-the-art engines meet all existing EPA low pollution standards. The Island Spirit continues to set the benchmark for low impact on the environment.We are the only US Coast Guard licensed small ship to power our guest and public areas by batteries at night. We utilize excess power during the day to charge up for super quiet evenings. We don’t run engines at night so you’ll sleep right. Imagine anchoring in pristine Alaskan bays on such a quiet vessel.
On the Island Spirit, all of our ship’s liquids are treated prior to discharge — even your shower and sink water. All galley sinks are also treated.
Stateroom with two twin beds, private bathroom with shower. All rooms have full size windows with screens.
Slightly larger stateroom with queen bed, private bathroom with shower. All rooms have full size windows with screens.
Features and Amenities
- Cozy lounge with a fullservice bar
- Fullsize shower in every stateroom
- Library for quiet reading time
- Two televisions and a sound system
- Perfect for celebrating special occasions
- Full-size windows in lounges and staterooms
- Open bow area with cushioned seating
- Outdoor back deck with tables and chairs
- 8 single and 8 double kayaks
- Comfortable 10-person zodiacs
The 130-foot MV Island Spirit features two double staterooms on the Upper Deck:
and 14 double staterooms on the Main Deck: