There are many factors that go into choosing the right cruise, including departure dates, cabin availability, and cruise theme! Not all cruises have themes, but there are destinations that lend themselves quite easily to a theme. Cruising to Memphis would make it easy to talk about Elvis and other American music traditions from the region. Cruising to Alaska or Mexico is fantastic for nature and wildlife photography! European cruises open up to so many possibilities: wine, tulips, religious sites, historical time periods, etc. Theme cruises happen year round. Here’s a few of our most popular themes, and when you can take them in 2015:
I’ve heard it said that the Civil War never ended in the South… Well, I don’t know about that. But I do know that our cruise ships often focus on Civil War memorials, visiting battle fields, plantations, and other historic hot spots. You’ll learn so much from the local guides, park rangers, historians, and other experts that will bring the American Civil War to life! Some 2015 cruises that focus on Civil War are:
- April 25 – New Orleans, roundtrip
- July 11 – New Orleans to Memphis
- July 18 – Memphis to New Orleans
- October 31 – New Orleans, roundtrip
- February 28 – New Orleans, roundtrip
- March 7 – New Orleans, roundtrip
- April 4 – New Orleans to Memphis
- June 6 – New Orleans to Memphis
- November 7 – New Orleans to Memphis
- March 21 – Charleston to Jacksonville
- October 17 – Nashville to Chattanooga
Lewis & Clark
There are no more important American explorers than Lewis & Clark – or at least, that’s what my history teachers convinced me. Their great trek West has captured imaginations for generations. You can also relive their historic trek, at least along the Columbia River to Ft. Clatsop, where they wintered before returning home.
- Legacy of Discovery – Portland, roundtrip. Enhanced Theme Dates: May 16, 23; October 31; November 7.
- Westbound, Clarkston to Portland – Cruise dates from April 11-November 7.
- Eastbound, Portland to Clarkston – Cruise dates from April 4 – October 31.
- April 4 – Clarkston to Portland
- April 11 – Portland to Clarkston
- April 18 – Clarkston to Portland
- May 30 – Clarkston to Portland
- August 22 – Clarkston to Portland
- October 17 – Clarkston to Portland
- October 24 – Portland to Clarkston
- September 21 – Portland to Clarkston
- September 22 – Portland to Clarkston
- September 28 – Clarkston to Portland
- October 3 – Portland to Clarkston
- October 4 – Portland to Clarkston
- October 10 – Clarkston to Portland
- October 27 – Portland to Clarkston
Music is the universal language, and cruising to different locations will expose you to different music genres! The Mississippi Riverboats are excited to show off their regional music as they cruise. You could be a part of the music, like our client (right) playing with a cajun band on her Mississippi river cruise!
- February 20 – New Orleans, roundtrip. Big Band Swing.
- March 27 – New Orleans to Memphis. Delta Blues.
- August 8 – St. Paul, roundtrip. Music of the 50s and 60s.
- October 24 – Chattanooga to Nashville. Country Music.
- October 31 – Nashville to Memphis. Country & Blues.
- December 5 – Memphis to New Orleans. Elvis.
- August 8 – Legacy of Discovery. Portland, roundtrip.
- May 30 – Memphis to New Orleans.
- March 14 – New Orleans, roundtrip
- April 11, August 29 – Memphis to New Orleans
- May 2 – New Orleans to Memphis
Wildlife & Photography
The natural beauty of the world is a wonder. Enjoy learning about new wildlife, in the air or under the sea. Or get your cameras for workshops or lessons on great photography.
- May 22, June 1, 2 – Big Apple to the US Capital. New York to Alexandria (or reverse). Photography.
- July 22, August 2, 14, 25 – Two Nation Vacation. New Brunswick to Portland, ME (or reverse). Photography.
- January 24, February 14. Baja’s Bounty, Mexico. Photography.
- February 21, March 14. Baja’s Bounty, Mexico. Marine Biology.
- March 28, November 14. Baja’s Bounty, Mexico. Birding.
- June 7, July 5. Discoverer’s Glacier Country, Alaska. Photography.
- July 26, August 2, 16. Discoverer’s Glacier Country, Alaska. Marine Biology.
- May 2. Coastal Washington/San Juan Islands. Seattle, roundtrip. Birding.
What is better than cruising down the river with a glass of wine or a bottle of craft beer? Not much! There are so many opportunities and regions enjoying wine and beer, and cruise ships are now visiting wineries and breweries, as well as bringing experts on board. Learn and enjoy on these great cruises:
- April 25, October 3 – Coastal Washington/San Juan Islands. Seattle, roundtrip. Craft Beer.
- August 15, 22, 29; September 5 – Ameritage! Four Rivers of Wine & History. Portland, roundtrip. Wine.
- April 11 – Puget Sound & San Juan Islands. Seattle, roundtrip. Food & Wine.
- March 28 – Columbia & Snake Rivers. Portland to Clarkston. Food & Wine.
- October 3 – Columbia & Snake Rivers. Clarkston to Portland. Food & Wine.
- July 4 – St. Louis to Cincinnati. Bourbon.
- March 30 – Tulip Time. Amsterdam, roundtrip. Beer.
- November 12, 14, 17 – The Romantic Danube. Vilshofen to Budapest. Wine.
- March 25; April 1, 22; November 11 – Paris & Normandy. Paris, roundtrip. Wine.
- November 15, 22 – Provence & Spain. Paris to Barcelona. Wine.
- March 29; October 14; November 6, 11 – The Enchanting Rhine. Amsterdam to Basel. Wine.
- March 20, 27 – Enticing Douro. Porto, roundtrip. Wine.
- November 8, 10, 13 – Melodies of the Danube. Budapest to Vilshofen. Wine.
- December 11 – Christmas Time Cruise. Prague to Budapest. Beer.
There’s nothing better than cruising past the bright colors of Autumn! The Northeast is a popular choice, although there are other options. Book these now – limited seasonal cruise dates sell out fast!
- September 3, 17, October 1, 4, 15, 19 – Locks, Legends, & Canals. New York to Montreal (or reverse).
- September 5, 19 – St. Paul to St. Louis.
- September 12, 26 – St. Louis to St. Paul.
- October 10 – St. Louis to Nashville.
- October 4, 10, 17, 24 – Hudson River Fall Foliage. New York, roundtrip.
- November 1 – Chesapeake Bay Fall Foliage. Baltimore, roundtrip.
- September 27, October 3, 10, 17, 24 – Hudson River Fall Foliage. New York, roundtrip.
- October 3, 10, 17, 25 – Hudson River Fall Foliage. New York, roundtrip.
- October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, November 7 – Puget Sound & San Juan Islands Fall Foliage. Seattle, roundtrip.
- October 17 – New England Fall Foliage.
There are so many more themes, but these are definitely our most popular. Which themes are your favorite? Wine? Fall Colors? Tell your agent which is your favorite, and we’ll start planning your 2015 adventures now. 800-578-1479
Imagine the journey…