Passengers searching for the best, most delightful, and most re-invigorating scenic river cruises have much to choose from with USA River Cruises.
We offer scenic river cruise itineraries to, through, in and around the Great Lakes, the Columbia River, and the Mississippi River.
Let’s take a look at each of these destinations.
The Great Lakes of North America (less commonly known as the Laurentian Great Lakes) are made up of lakes Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie, and Ontario (from largest to smallest).
Lake Michigan is entirely in the United States — the largest lake within one country, in fact. (The other four Great Lakes straddle the U.S./Canada border.)
By surface area, Lake Superior is the largest freshwater lake in the world.
Together, the Great Lakes comprise the Great Lakes Waterway and contain 21% of the world’s surface freshwater by volume.
With all that water to ply, it’s no wonder that the Great Lakes provide ample freshwater cruising opportunities.
And although it may seem odd at first glance to list a bunch of lakes in a blog post about scenic river cruises, it actually makes perfect sense. The Great Lakes area is also made up of great rivers!
Cruising the Great Lakes
Our small-ship Great Lakes cruises explore them all, with plenty of adventure both in the city and out in nature.
Consider the following multi-night cruises:
- Masterpieces of the Great Lakes (Chicago to Hamilton): 8 nights
- North America’s Coastal Connection (Niagara Falls to Chicago): 8 nights
- Splendor of the Great Lakes (Chicago to Toronto): 10 nights
- French Canadian Great Lakes, Nova Scotia, New England (Boston to Montreal): 12 nights
There are so many more scenic cruises across the Great Lakes! And no matter which trip you choose, you’ll be wined, dined, and entertained along the way. We offer not just all-inclusive luxury from the moment you step aboard, but also exclusive scenic trips and guided tours, extraordinary dining options and dining venues, and our one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art cruising vessels.
No doubt about it: You’ll enjoy ultimate luxury with USA River Cruises.
Contact USA River Cruises today!
No trip to the bountiful Pacific Northwest is complete without a trip along the powerful Columbia River.
Follow in the footsteps (boatsteps?) of Lewis and Clark. With a wide range of scenic river cruise options, you’re sure to find something perfect for you and your travel mates.
USARC cruises the Columbia River with a fleet of wonderful small ships carrying as few as six passengers or as many as 250.
Cruising the Columbia River
For example, two of our most popular cruises:
- The American Empress (8 nights) cruises the Columbia from Vancouver, Washington, to Astoria, Oregon, on the spectacular coast. In addition, you will travel the awesome Columbia River Gorge on your way to Hood River, Oregon, and The Dalles, Oregon. You’ll also get to visit Portland on your way to disembarking.
- The Columbia River Wine Tasting Yacht Cruise (7 nights) is perfect for small groups. This trip is as rich in experiences as the fertile wine valleys that dot this region are rich in volcanic soil. You’ll never feel rushed or hurried aboard the only yacht that sails the Columbia.
Waterfalls, vineyards, snow-capped volcanoes, chasms and canyons … you won’t soon forget the scenic experiences of a Columbia River trip.
And the wildlife? Well, the wildlife is simply wild! The Columbia River is home to innumerable species of fish, sea lions, birds, reptiles and more.
Give USA River Cruises a call today! You can reach us at 1-866-626-6544.
Prepare to be dazzled! Our Lower Mississippi River trips, as well as our cruises along the Upper Mississippi, are filled with diverse and culturally rich historical, musical, and culinary delights! And we haven’t even mentioned those cruises which take in the whole of the Mississippi in one trip! (Minneapolis to New Orleans, anyone?)
Our scenic river cruises along the Mississippi River feature amazing food and ample ways to relax and unwind. Plus, our cruises are staffed by expert crews of customer service specialists.
Cruising the Mississippi
What’s on your dream Mississippi River itinerary?
- Lower Mississippi River Cruise (New Orleans to Memphis): 7 nights, bookended by visits to two of America’s great cities aboard the American Jazz.
- Memphis to Chattanooga/Civil War: 8 nights of cruising across historically significant waters. Learn about the hidden and not-so-hidden history of the Civil War and the major battles fought along the rivers.
- Complete Mississippi River Cruise (New Orleans to St. Paul): 21 nights aboard the America paddlewheel, where you and your fellow passengers will enjoy three weeks of comfortable and spacious staterooms as you tour the length of America’s mightiest river.